I know you all don’t know this about me yet but I’m a huge lover of versatile art, especially jewelry. I like things that serve two or more functions – it adds more excitement to the crafting process.
So with that said, I want to share a multi-color woven cotton cord choker/necklace I made not too long ago. You don’t need an extensive list of tools to make this piece of jewelry. You’ll probably be fine using tools from you husband’s tool box. Believe me, I’m in there all the time.
You will need:
- A pair of scissors
- Round nose plier
- Flat nose plier
- Woven cord (any heavy or stretchy ribbon will work also)
- Jump rings
- Lobster clasp
- Ribbon crimp ends (2)
- 4-5 inches of chain
How to make your choker/bracelet jewelry:
1) Wrap the cord around your neck to measure how much you will need.
2) Attach the cord to the ribbon crimp ends. One for each end (see pictures below)
3) Using the flat nose and round nose pliers, open the jump rings to attach your chain to one end of the choker and a lobster clasp on the other. (Learn how to open a jump ring the right way)
4) Use remaining jump rings to attach charms.
5) You’re done!
I hope you make this choker necklace for yourself or a friend soon. Christmas is right around the corner! 😱
Let me know if you have any questions! Leave me a comment.